Respiratory health matters
Each year in the United States asthma and COPD account for an enormous burden of social and economic costs. 8% of Americans and another 8% have COPD. Millions of unnecessary doctor visits, emergency room visits and hundred of thousands of hospitalizations and even deaths occur each year that cost tens of billions of dollars because as few as 15% of these people access proper clinical services and 50% are not able to control their disease.
These are dynamics and costs that are easy to impact. We know what works. We just need to rethink how we deliver them to the people who need them.
Spiras Health has developed a smart, proactive and scalable approach to chronic respiratory disease that makes asthma and COPD management easy, accessible and rewarding.
Here’s how a Spiras Health Plan will help you save:
By helping individuals control their asthma and COPD, you help reduce the cost of expensive and avoidable hospitalizations, ER visits and unscheduled office visits due to their disease and its comorbidities. By helping a population find control, you impact you bottom line.
Spiras Health has an impressive ROI model which will help you reduce cost while also minimizing your risk.
Improved Clinical Metrics
- Lower rates of unscheduled steroid doses
- Decreased emergency room visits per year
- SABA Score <6 inhalers per year
- Increased percent of patients with Asthma Action Plan
- Improved ACT Score
Improved Financial Performance
- Greater than 50% reduction in direct medical costs associated with asthma, COPD and other comorbidities.
- STAR Quality improvements: >75% of persistent asthmatics receive appropriate drug therapy.